Shirley:
Hello, let me introduce myself. I’m your neighbor. My name is Shirley.
你好,首先讓我做個自我介紹。我是你的鄰居,我叫雪莉。
John:
Hi, Shirley. I’m John. It’s nice to meet you.
你好,雪莉,我叫約翰。見到你非常高興。
Shirley:
Nice to meet you, too.
我也非常高興見到你。
John:
Please come in.
請進。
Shirley:
Here is a little gift for your family. It’s a calendar with all the community events on it. I hope it can be helpful.
這是給你們家的一點小禮物。是一本臺歷,上面列出了所有的社區活動。希望這能對你們有幫助。
John:
I really appreciate it.
非常感謝。
Shirley:
Since we are neighbors, if you need any help or anything, please come to me.
既然我們是鄰居,如果你需要任何東西或幫助,都可以來找我。
John:
I will. Actually, I am worried so much about the security of this community because my house has been burgled twice before.
我會的。事實上,我非常擔心這個社區的安全問題,因為我們家以前被盜過兩次。
Shirley:
Oh, don’t worry about that here. There are security guards on duty 24 hours a day and they patrol all over the neighborhood. You know, they are all very strong.
噢,在這兒不用擔心。這兒一天24小時都有保安值班,他們會在社區里巡邏,而且他們都非常強壯。
John:
Really? That’s good. Is there any supermarket in our neighborhood?
是嗎?那太好了。那我們社區里有超市嗎?
Shirley:
Of course. There is a Carrefour near the neighborhood. I’ll show you there if you want to.
當然有啊。在我們社區附近有個家樂福超市。你要想去的話,我帶你去。
John:
That’s terrific!
那太棒了!
Shirley:
By the way, a party will be held for new neighbors the day after tomorrow; I hope I can see you there.
順便說一聲,后天會有一個為迎接新鄰居而開的晚會,希望你能參加。
John:
Yeah, and we can get to know each other at the party.
好啊,在晚會上我們可以相互了解。
Shirley:
That sounds good! I’ve gotta go.
恩,聽起來不錯。我要走了。
John:
OK, come and visit anytime.
好的,歡迎隨時來訪。
Shirley:
Thanks for the invitation. I will!
謝謝你的邀請。我會的!