1:介詞能使詞語更加精練.例如:
1)當我聽到這事時,我簡直不敢相信我的耳朵.
A:I couldn’t believe my ears when I heard this .
B: I couldn’t believe my ears at this .
2)麥克是個矛盾的人
A:mike is a man who has contradictory ideas.
B:mike is a man of contrasts.
3)她走后留下六個孩子
A:she left six children after she died.
B:she left six children behind her.
4)如果需要幫助,就給我打電話,號碼是7145330
A:if you need help, just ring me up . my telephone number is 7145330
B: If you need help ,just ring me up at 7145330.
5)我們舉杯慶祝他的成功.
A:we raise a toast to congratulate him on his great success.
B:we raise a toast to his great success.
2:介詞能使語言更加生動形象.例如:
6)這篇文章生詞太多,我要理解真是太難了.
A:There are so many new words in this passage, so it is hard for me to understand .
B:with too many new words in it , this passage is beyond me .
7)他因為20票之差輸了競選.
A:He misses election because of 20 votes.
B:He missed election by 20 votes.
8)證據對他不利.
A:The evidence is not good for him .
B:The evidence is against him.
9)給他一杯咖啡,錢算在我身上.
A:Please him a cup of coffee,I will pay for it .
B:Please him a cup of coffee on me .
10)他現在已經60多歲了.
A:He is more than 60 years old now .
B:He is over 60 now .
比較A與B,我們會驚嘆介詞有如此的魅力與表現力.B中出現的at,of,by,on,over,with等都是常見的介詞,它們在句中不僅使語言更加精練,而且形象更加生動,小小的介詞真真起到"畫龍點睛"的作用.