Asking for information can be as simple as asking for the time, or as complicated as asking for details about a complicated process. In both cases, it’s important to use the appropriate form for the situation. For example, when asking for information from a friend, use a more informal or colloquial form. When asking a colleague, use a slightly more formal form, and when asking for information from a stranger, use an appropriately formal construction.
詢問信息可以像詢問時間一樣簡單,也可以像詢問復雜過程的細節一樣復雜。在這兩種情況下,使用適當的形式是很重要的。例如,當向朋友詢問信息時,使用較為非正式或口語化的形式。當詢問同事時,使用稍微正式一點的形式,當詢問陌生人的信息時,使用適當的正式結構。
Very Informal Structures
非常正式的結構
If you are asking a friend or family member for information, use a direct a question.
如果你在向朋友或家人詢問信息,請直接問這個問題。
Simple Question Structure: Wh? + Helping Verb + Subject + Verb
簡單的問題結構:Wh?+助動詞+主語+動詞
How much does it cost?
這個多少錢?
Where does she live?
她住在哪里?
More Formal Structures
更加正式的結構
Use these forms for simple, everyday questions in stores, with colleagues at work, and in other informal situations.
在商店、工作中和同事在一起或其他非正式場合,使用這些表達來回答簡單的日常問題。
Structure: Pardon me / Excuse me + Can / Could you tell me + Wh? + Subject + verb?
結構:Pardon me / Excuse me + Can / Could you tell me + Wh?+主語+動詞?
Can you tell me when the train arrives?
你能告訴我火車什么時候到嗎?
Pardon me, could you tell me how much the book costs?
對不起,你能告訴我這本書多少錢嗎?
Formal and More Complicated Questions
正式和更復雜的問題
Use these forms when asking complicated questions that require a lot of information. These should also be used when asking questions of important people such as your boss, on a job interview, etc.
當提出需要回答大量信息的復雜問題時,請使用這些表達。在向重要人物提問時,如你的老板、面試時等,也應使用這些句式。
Structure: I wonder if you could + tell me/explain/provide information on...
結構: I wonder if you could + tell me/explain/provide information on...
I wonder if you could explain how health insurance is handled at your company.
我想知道你能否解釋一下你們公司是如何辦理健康保險的。
I wonder if you could provide information on your pricing structure.
我想知道你能否提供有關你方定價結構的信息。
Structure: Would you mind + verb + ing
結構:Would you mind + 動詞 + ing
Would you mind telling me a little bit more about benefits at this company?
你能再多告訴我一點關于這家公司的福利嗎?