學說一口美國人都羨慕的地道美式口語,融入當地人生活!
Potluck Party: 一種聚餐方式,主人準備場地和餐具,參加的人必須帶一道菜或準備飲料,最好事先問問主人的意思。
Pull over! 把車子開到旁邊。
Drop me a line! 寫封信給我。
Give me a ring. = Call me! 來個電話吧!
For here or to go? 堂食或外賣。
cool; That’s cool! 等於臺灣年輕人常用的囗語“酷!”,表示不賴嘛!用于人或事均可。
What’s up? = What’s happening? = What’s new?
見面時隨囗問候的話“最近在忙什么?有什么新鮮事嗎?”一般的回答是“Nothing much!”或“Nothing new!”
Cut it out! = Knock it out! = Stop it! 少來這一套!同學之間開玩笑的話。
Don’t give me a hard time! 別跟我過不去好不好!
Get yourself together! 振作點行不行!
Do you have "the" time? 現在幾點鐘?可別誤以為人家要約你出去。
Hang in there. = Don’t give up. = Keep trying. 再撐一下。
Give me a break! 你饒了我吧!(開玩笑的話)
Hang on. 請稍候。
Blow it. = Screw up. 搞砸了。
What a big hassle. 真是個麻煩事。
What a crummy day. 多倒霉的一天。
Go for it. 加油
You bet. = Of course. 當然;看我的!
Wishful thinking. 一廂情愿的想法。
Don’t be so fussy! 別那么挑剔好不好。
It’s a long story. 唉!說來話長。
How have you been? = How are you doing? 你過得如何?近來可好?
Take things for granted. 自以為理所當然。
Don’t put on airs. 別擺架子。
Give me a lift! = Give me a ride! 送我一程吧!
Have a crush on someone. 迷戀某人。
What’s the catch? 有什么內幕?
Party animal. 開Party狂的人(喜歡參加舞會的人)。
Pain in the neck. =Pain in the ass. 討厭的東西、人或事。
Skeleton in the closet. 家丑
Don’t get on my nerve! 別把我惹毛了!
Afat chance. =A poor chance. 機會很小。
I am racking my brains. 我正在絞盡腦。
She’s a real drag. 她真有點礙手礙腳。
Spacingout.=daydreaming. 做白日夢。
I am so fed up. 我受夠了!
It doesn’t go with your dress. 跟你的衣服不配。
What’s the point? = What are you trying to say? 你的重點是什么?
By all means.=Definitely. 一定是。
Let’s get a bite. = Let’s go eat. 去吃點東西吧!
I’ll buy you a lunch (a drink; a dinner). = It’s on me. = My treat. 我請客
Let’s go dutch. 各付各的
My stomach is upset. 我的胃不舒服
diarrhea [dai r’i ] 拉肚子
吃牛排時,waitor 會問“How would you like it ?” 就是問“要幾分熟?”的意思,可以選擇 rare,medium 或 well-done。
I am under the weather. =I am not feeling well. 我不太舒服!
May I take a rain check? 可不可改到下次?(例如有人請你吃飯,你不能赴約,只好請他改到下一次。)
I am not myself today. 我今天什么都不對勁!
Let’s get it straight. 咱們把事情弄清楚!