Chapter 36. Sports ;第36章 運動
1.Did you enter the tournament? ;你報名參加比賽了嗎?
2.I drew you as my partner in the contest. ;我抽到和你同一組比賽。
3.Don’t forget the ping-pong match tonight. ;不要忘了今晚的乒乓球 賽。
4.He’s a lean,mean, fighting machine. 5.Good smash! ;他是一架銳不可當的戰斗 機器。 好一記殺球!
6.He just hit a home run. ;他剛剛擊出了一支全壘打
7.Wanna warm up first, or shall we just start? ;要先做一下暖身運動, 還是直接開始?
8.Why don’t you work on your dribble? ;你何不去練習一下你的 運球呢?
9.Save your breath. ;不要白費力氣。
10.I think we’d better just play touch. 11.Let’s not take seriously. ;我想我們點到為止就 好了。 不要真槍實刀地干起來。
12.Golf playing is a symbol of status and prestige. ;高爾夫球是地位與威望 的象征。
13.I’m nuts about this game. 14.I don’t follow sports. ;這個游戲我玩瘋了。 我不關心各項運動。
15.Remember,no hitting below the belt. ;記住,不許攻擊對方的 小腹。
16.After three fouls, he was put on the bench. ;累積三次違規后, 他被判出場。
17.Let’s go play catch 18.He ran it out. 19.Game over. ;我們去玩接球。 他跑完全場得了一分。 比賽結束。
20.I’m going for some skinny-dipping. ;我要去裸泳。
Chapter 37. Scores ;第37章 得分
1.I got one point again. 2.He scored. ;我又得了一分。 他得分了。
3.What’s the score now? ;現在的比數是多少?
4.I don’t know what the score is.I’ve lost count. ;我不知道分數是多少, 我忘了計算。
5.They’re trailing six to twelve. 6.It’s a standoff. 7.Game! ;他們以六比十二落后。 這是個僵局。 時間到!
Chapter 38. Aggressive Sportsmanship ;第38章 積極的運動精神
1.We’ll slaughter you. 2.Let’s give them hell ;我們會打得你們 落花流水。 給他們苦頭吃!
3.If they want to be tough,let’s play hardball. ;如果他們耍狠,我們也跟 他們來硬的。
4.Okay,guys.Let’s give them a run for their money. ;好,咱們大伙兒來跟他們 打場硬仗。
5.You have to keep one step ahead of the these guys. 6.Let’s wipe them out. ;你非得先發制人不可。 咱們去干掉他們。
Chapter 39. Unexpected Defeats ;第39章 意外失敗
1.He’s gaining on you. 2.He’s a strong contender. 3.He’s no lightweight. ;他快趕上你了。 他是個強力的競選者。 他并非等閑之輩。
4.I thought I had him beat and then he turned the tables on me. ;我本以為我已打敗了他, 沒想到他反敗為勝。
5.Now it’s a whole new ball game. ;這又是一場全新的戰況。
Chapter 40. Victory ;第40章 勝利
1.He’s pulling away from the pack. 2.We really kicked their butts. ;他逐漸脫穎而出。 我們痛快地整了他們一頓
3.We demolished them. 4.We killed them. 5.He’s invincible in tennis. ;我們干掉了他們。 我們宰了他們。 他打起網球來所向無敵。
6.We’re got them demoralized. 7.We’ve got them confused. ;我們已瓦解了他們的斗志 我們弄糊涂了他們。
8.I have met the enemy and brought him to his knees. ;我已遭遇到敵手,并使 他俯首稱臣。
9.She’s favored heavily to win that match. ;許多人都看好她會贏 那場比賽。
10.He won first place in the speech contest. 11.My game! ;他在演講比賽里獲得 第一名。 我贏了。
12.Checkmate! 13.It’s a victory for a just cause. ;將軍! 這是為正義所打的一場 勝仗。
14.One man’s loss is another’s gain. 15.To the victor go the spoils. ;某人之失,適值為另一人 之得。 戰利品歸勝利者所得。
Chapter 41. Defeats ;第41章 受挫
1.He left me in the dust. ;他使我無法望其項背。
2.A:How was the game? B:We got creamed. B:We got skunked. ;球賽打的如何? 我們輸慘了。 我們被整慘了。
3.Don’t make a sour face just because you lost. 4.You’re a sore loser. ;不要因為輸了而愁眉苦臉 你是個輸不起的人。
5.He’s a bad loser. 6.They are such poor sports. 7.Relish this moment. ;他是一輸就亂發脾氣的人 他們的運動精神太差了。 珍惜這勝利的時刻吧。
8.You are a good sport ;你的運動風度良好。
Chapter 42. Consolation To Losers ;第42章 安慰輸家
1.It’s disgusting when you lose all the time. ;老輸不贏不是滋味。
2.Don’t feel bad.You can’t win them all. 3.Win some lost some. ;不要難過,豈有老贏不輸 的道理呢? 生活中免不了有的有失。
4.It’s not as bad as you think. ;還沒像你想的那么糟。
Chapter 43. The Importance Of Winning ;第43章 贏之重要
1.I know how much you want to win. 2.Winning is everthing ;我知道你求勝心切。 “贏”字之重要更 甚于一切。
3.Fair play is more important than winning. ;公平比賽比打贏更重要。
Chapter 44. Unfair Games ;第44章 比賽不公
1.It was no contest. 2.He eased up and let me win the match. ;這算不得是比賽。 他故意不使出全力而讓我 贏得了比賽。
3.A one-sided game is no fun at all. 4.It doesn’t count this time. ;一面倒的球賽沒看頭。 這次不算。
5.They threw the game. ;有人付錢故意要他們吃 敗仗。
6.That game is fixed. 7.I want a rematch. ;那場比賽的輸贏 事先已講定。 我要求重新比賽。
Chapter 45. Being Ambitious ;第45章 野心勃勃
1.She always loves to tackle a man’s job. 2.He’s a real go-getter. ;她老是喜歡和男人 一較高下。 他雄心萬丈。
3.She’s driven to succeed. ;她是不成功誓不甘休的人
4.When he sees an opening,he goes for it. ;他是鉆營之輩,一有機會 立刻攀緣附會。
A:He’s an ambitious man. ;他是野心勃勃的人。
B:That goes without saying.He’s in politics. ;那還用得著說嗎?他是 搞政治的人嘛!
5.I’m not going to let you chip away at my career. ;我不會讓你一分一分地 毀了我的事業。
6.I’ll get it,beg, borrow or steal. 7.Nobody gets in my way. ;為了到手,我不擇手段。 誰也不許擋我的路。
8.He’s Machiavellian. 9.He doesn’t care whom he steps on in order to get there. ;他是謀求權勢的人。 為達目的,他不在乎把 誰踩在腳下。
10.You don’t have to stoop to such low tactics. 11.He’s power hungry. ;你犯不著使用卑鄙的伎倆 來達到目的。 他渴求權利。他渴慕權勢
12.I underestimated his ambitions. 13.Diamond cuts diamond! ;我低估了他的野心。 強中自有強中手!
Chapter 46. Overdoing ;第46章 過分
1.You’ve gone too far. 2.I overreacted. 3.Too much of a good thing is a bad thing ;你做得太過火了。 我反應過度。 太多的善事就成了壞事。
4.Do everything in moderation. ;凡事都要適可而止。
Chapter 47. Refusing To Give UP ;第47章 不服輸
1.I refuse to admit defeat. 2.It’s not over until the fat lady sings. ;我絕不認輸。 鹿死誰手,猶未可知。
3.I never concede a point. 4.Stand your ground. ;我從來不肯做半點退讓。 要堅定你的立場。 (要站穩你的腳跟)
5.He won’t cave in to public protest. ;他不會向群眾的抗議 屈服。
Chapter 48. Surrender ;第48章 臣服
1.The heck with it! 2.It won’t matter. 3.Your crying won’t help. ;去他的蛋! 這幫不了忙。 你哭也無濟于事。
4.It won’t help. 5.I give up! 6.He isn’t putting up a fight. ;這幫不了忙。 我放棄了! 他沒打算抵抗。
7.You quit too easily. 8.I’m running out of gas. 9.All right,you win. ;你太輕易放棄。 我已沒氣力了。 好吧,我認栽了。
10.They are retreating. ;他們正在撤退中。
Chapter 49. Faliure ;第49章 失敗
1.Nothing went right! 2.We’re not even close to our target. 3.He’s a has-been. ;什么事都不對勁! 我們預定的目標還遠的很 他是個過氣人物。
4.The whole thing’s gone sour. 5.Let’s face it. We blew it. ;整個計劃都泡湯了。 面對現實吧,我們已把 事情搞砸了。
6.It was over before it began. 7.It’s curtains for him. ;這是未戰先敗。 他完了。(他的事業, 投資或生命危在旦夕)
8.You have failed miserably. 9.The experiment crashed and burned. ;你敗得很慘。 這項實驗一敗涂地。
10.He’s done for. 11.Back to the drawing board. ;他已一蹶不振。 我們再從頭做起吧。
Chapter 50. Failing With Dignity ;第50章 雖敗猶榮
1.It almost worked. 2.They made a valiant effort even though they lost. ;差點就辦成。 雖然他們輸了,卻已顯出 英雄本色。
3.Our efforts weren’t all in vain. 4.They fought a good fight. ;我們的努力并沒白費。 他們打了漂亮的一仗。
5.It’s better to fail and move on than to fail forever. ;跌倒了再爬起來,也遠比 一直倒在那兒強。
6.I failed,but nobody can say I lost. ;我沒辦成,但誰也不敢說 我輸了。