口語精華:
1. Beats me.
問倒我了。
2. I tend to look at a person and size them up pretty quickly.
看到一個人,我傾向于快速的評估。
3. We’ll be out of your hair in five minutes.
我們5分鐘后就離開這里。
4. I know we should be at each other’s throats.
我知道我們應該是勢不兩立的。
5. You’ll heal.
你會好起來的。
6. Your husband and I never quite saw eye to eye.
你老公和我總有分歧。
7. Hearsay.
道聽途說。
8. She never put on airs.
她從來不擺架子。
9. I just tend to get a feeling.
我只是跟著感覺走。
10. I need you to go easier on her.
我不想讓你給她太大壓力。
11. Diane asked me to step in for her.
Diane讓我代替她。
12. Anyway, Sheffrin-Marks fired their last firm because they took their eye off the ball.
總之,Sheffrin-Marks解雇了他們的上一家法律顧問公司,因為他們對重要的事情沒有足夠的重視。
13. Our investigator can get you up to speed.
我們的調查人員會告訴你最新的情況。
14. You’re going to bury us.
你要把我們打倒。
15. It would defeat the purpose.
這會使目的落空的。
16. It must get old.
你一定都厭倦了。
17. You’re in good hands.
接管你的人很可靠。
經典臺詞:
1. Dione: When I was starting out, I got one great piece of advice. Men can be lazy. Women can’t. And I think that goes double for you. Not only are you coming back to the workplace fairly late, but you have some very prominent baggage.當我剛開始工作時,有人給了這樣一條建議。男人可以偷懶,而女人不行。我想你更要加倍努力。不僅僅因為你重新回到職場相當晚,而且你家里的負擔很沉重。